Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

nobody knows

At 6:50 Clinton who had been trailing in Florida took a sudden lead.  I can tell because that's the time I sent out the email to my Champaign buds.  At 7:27 I was writing that Dumbo had a small lead, but the experts were assuring me that there was a motherlode of votes in Broward (Miami) county, Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina were all leaning slightly her way. I was still cheerful enough to throw in a reference to the seventh game of the world series.  Before ten I crawled into bed, unable to take Wolfe and that white-haired guy poking things on their Goddamn board.  NPR was supposed to be covering the race, but rather than give numbers they were blathering on about why all the polls were wrong.  That was okay, I didn't really want to hear details anymore.  I knew everything was going to hell.

And so it has.  I don't know what to say.  Beagles claims that it doesn't  make that much difference in his daily life who the prez is.  I don't know, I think this might be a Trump too far.  Just a day or two ago I was talking about what would happen to the republican party when Trump went down.  I didn't go into what would happen if he won, partly because I didn't think it would happen, but mostly because I couldn't imagine what would happen if he won.  They are talking on the radio this morning about what a Dumbo presidency will be like, but they don't know.  Nobody knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment