Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A little dab'll do ya'

State, Republics, Commonwealths...it's amazing things have held together so well, for so long.  I can't remember if this stuff was taught in high school and I simply forgot.  Thanks to Wikipedia, I found out about a few states that didn't pass constitutional muster: Franklin, Deseret, and Sequoyah.  All very interesting and makes me wonder "what might have been."  These rabbit holes are very alluring and difficult to resist, another case of knowing less as you learn more.

-----

The presidential transition team is not having an easy time.  There are about 4,000 jobs that have to be filled, and I don't think they have a clue or know where to start.  Some of the early staff appointments don't bode well, especially that Bannon guy.  Nobody likes him except for the radical white extremists but turnover is so high that I don't expect him to last for long.  The big problem with Trump (See?  I said it!) is that he values and rewards loyalty above all else, with family being the only exception.  Loyalty is wonderful, but not at the expense of our nation's best interests.  Bannon is not what I would call a unifying force.  The divisiveness has gone far enough, with resistance already being organized against a guy who hasn't even taken office yet.

-----

Maybe Trump is starting to take things seriously.  I read about him changing his hairstyle to something that is less time consuming to maintain.  But with his ego, I'll believe it when I see it,

No comments:

Post a Comment