Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Congratrulations Chicago!

I don't follow sports, and I don't watch a lot of news, but I couldn't help hearing about the Cubs today. Good for them and good for you guys.

I didn't think that Northern Exposure ever got stale. I thought that the episode where Fleishman went back to New York by way of magic was kind of lame, but I understand that Rob Morrow had quit and they had to write him out of the show some how. I thought that the new doctor and his wife were a good replacement for Fleishman. They were different, as they should be, but they fit right in. I thought the show was good right up to the end, which may be why they ended it when they did. Better to quit while you're ahead than to run it into the ground. Maggie and Fleishman had this love-hate relationship the whole time, but it looked like the love part was going to win out until Fleishman split for New York and Maggie declined to go with him. They parted as good friends. After that, Maggie took up with Chris-In-The-Morning. They had their ups and downs but, in the last episode, it looked like they were going to make it.

We haven't watched crime shows for a long time because we are disturbed by the graphic violence. It's a shame because some of them have interesting plots. I don't know why they need all the blood and guts, maybe because today's viewers have become desensitized and that's the only way they can hold their interest.

I saw Episode 9 of The Good Place tonight. They left us with a cliff hanger and promised to resume in January. I don't want to spoil it for you, so I will wait till you catch up to discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment