Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

What's that smell?

Before it gets any warmer as we head into summer I've been meaning to ask Mr. Beagles about that new tractor.  How well did it handle the winter chores up there in Beaglesonia?  I can visualize the joyful anticipation of a heavy snowfall and the satisfaction of a job well done.  Until it becomes real work new machines can be fun to play with.

Are you still on track with that GMC pickup with the manual transmission?  My limited exposure to modern trucks shows me that they are getting pretty fancy; I don't know if they even make basic trucks for the working guy any more, the kind of truck you can use a garden hose to clean the interior with.

The biggest truck I ever drove with any regularity was the military Deuce and a Half, a good sized, no-nonsense beast.  We used them for troop transport, bringing the guys to and from the printing plant where we worked, and it became a kind of contest as to who could drive the trucks the most smoothly, not an easy task.  My favorite truck, though, was the 3/4 Ton, made by Dodge.  There was something about the size and proportion that was just right, at least that's how I saw it.  I always wanted one of those, to go ripping down snowfilled streets and alleys in Chicago, the canvas top flapping in the breeze.

-----

The right thing to do would be to tell the Jewel, but I'd feel like a ratfink to my fellow consumers.


Huh?  You'll feel bad by depriving your fellow consumers of, what is essentially, the opportunity to steal?  You knew the right thing to do and you didn't do it, end of story.  Yes, we are all sinners, but in stating "Oh I am black with sin" you sound proud of it.   Are you still standing on the corner, trying to look cool in all of your badass aloofness?  You can talk at length about the plight of the refugees at the southern border, people you will probably never meet, and yet you take the opportunity, over a period of years, to scam some poor mope at the 7/11 out of a buck, somebody you are looking in the eye and dealing with face to face.  I'm over reacting, sure, but it doesn't pass the smell test to me, the scent of bullshit is strong.

I kind of look down my nose at blogs where recipes are swapped...
 
Yes, I'm sure you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment