Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2019

The Future is Now

I'm not sure how sensitive those drug sniffing dogs are, but I've never heard of one homing in on currency.  I have heard that most currency has traces of drugs on it.  I seem to remember there was a court case about that some years ago.  I don't remember how it came out, but I remember somebody at work commenting on it: "Yeah, and if he had cleaned the drugs off, they would have accused him of money laundering."  Remember, I said that the candidate would be able to challenge the dog's judgement by voluntarily submitting to a full body search. 

As for that bad guy data base, last I heard they were planning to use something like that to screen passengers at airports, but I don't know if they have actually done it yet.  The police have been using fingerprint technology for a long time.  The only difference is that my plan digitalizes it which, for all I know, some police agencies may already be doing.  I have heard that the Red Chinese were experimenting with facial recognition, but I think our guys have been as well.  I understand that some crows in Seattle, Washington have learned how to do that, and they don't even have access to computers. (I am not making this up, studies have been done.)  

Michigan driver's licenses have been scannable for a long time.  Instead of something on the back, they have a strip along the edge that they zip through a scanner like a credit card.  The police use it to check you for priors and outstanding warrants when they pull you over for whatever reason.  Retail dealers also use it when you buy a gun or a hunting or fishing license, as do election workers when you go to vote.  I don't know if they are using it when you buy alcoholic beverages as it's been a long time since anyone has asked to check my ID when I do that.  

I am not advocating that any of this stuff  be used to randomly check people on the street, just for people that are voluntarily applying to enter the US.  My intent is to provide something that is faster and more efficient than the system they have now.  It shouldn't take more than an hour or two to pass a candidate through one of my sorting pens, while it now takes a year or two for them to get an asylum hearing, for which many of them don't even bother to show up.  I agree that our current crop of politicians will never go for it.  I don't think any of them want to actually solve this problem, just use it as ammunition against each other in election campaigns.  I am proposing it nevertheless, because that's what we do at the Beaglesonian Institute.  Part of our mission here is to enlighten humanity, whether they want us to or not.  

I think that a certain amount of exercise is recommended for injuries like Old Dog has incurred, but I don't think you're supposed to make an endurance contest out of it.  A doctor or physical therapist would probably be able to tell you how much is too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment