Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Let sleeping dogs lie

I guess that Old Dog can't take credit for the blueberries that probably came out of the can (though I could be wrong, he could have started with fresh blueberries and did whatever) but the real art of pie making is in the baking.

Frozen blueberries with no additional ingredients in the bag, and I had to do whatever.  Where did you get the idea that the real art of pie making is in the baking?  Weren't you making corn muffins from a box mix?  Try making a pie, from scratch, and good luck with the crust.

-----

I'm not going to say that Trump is starting to feel some heat but this afternoon I received a text message from a certain authorized website and the first sentence was "The dishonest, Fake News Media attacks our President and our Party at every turn."  The GOP has a  problem if they're hitting up registered Democrats for campaign contributions.

And speaking of the fake news media, this past weekend was the annual White House Correspondent's Dinner, usually attended by the president with a comedian as the main speaker.  The treatment of Trump was so brutal last year that they didn't have a comedian give the main address; they chose an historian instead, maybe hoping for a more reasoned approach to current political realities.  The guy talked about previous presidents, beginning with Washington, and their relationship with the press.  It was an amazing address, worthy of the standing ovations it received.  It should have gotten more news coverage but you can see it here.  Highly recommended for all political fans regardless of affiliation.

-----

After I made my refried beans the other day I thought I lacked a good, or any, salsa but as luck would have it there was a bottle of salsa hidden in the back of the refrigerator, vintage unknown.  It's Valentina Salsa Picante, not Uncle Ken's favorite brand but made in Mexico nevertheless.  But what is Uncle Ken's preferred tortilla chip?  I'm not making my own yet but I like El Ranchero, hecho en Chicago.

-----

After too many decades I finally got a new pair of eyeglasses today, courtesy of the good folks at Target Optical.  It's going to take some time for me to get used to them; they're real bottle-bottoms with interesting distortion in the peripheral vision but I think prescription lenses can only do so much.  And then there's the developing cataracts, something I'll have to deal with in the future but it's a trivial surgical procedure, or so I'm told.

-----

Before you guys get too worked up about some random dog fucker don't forget that bestiality is still legal in a few of these United States.  Some old habits die real hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment