Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Checking in...

A while back Uncle Ken expressed some doubt that I would ever reveal my latest cornbread recipe.  I am hesitant to do so for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I don't think he'll like it.  The mini-muffins that he's made were of the savory variety, jalapeno and cheddar if I'm not mistaken, and my recipe is of the sweeter type.  Also, a nine-inch square pan is required; none of this nonsense with deformed muffins made without a proper muffin tin.

My recipe is based on a recipe I found on YouTube, with some significant changes.  I think Uncle Ken should view the video to get an idea of what's involved. ignoring the down-home presentation and crappy production values, and then read the comments.  There is no middle ground, folks either loved it or said it was too oily and sweet.  On my first attempt I used less sugar and oil; the final version uses even less.  I also changed a couple of other things including the addition of whole corn kernels, either canned or frozen is fine but they should be cooked.  I've used this recipe a couple of times and I'm happy with it.  One pan yields nine good sized pieces and they freeze well so I have a week's worth of cornbread for a post-breakfast snack.  I'll post the full recipe if desired; be advised that the ingredients include honey and bread flour.

-----

I've been enjoying the back and forth nature of your recent discussions on the topics of immigration and crime.  The sidelines suit me fine, for now, and I've noticed a few things about you guys, just an impression but it seems consistent to me.  More often than not, Uncle Ken thinks with his heart, Mr. Beagles thinks with his head, and they are usually both right and wrong in such a way that things balance out, from my point of view.  Humans are funny, aren't they?



No comments:

Post a Comment