Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Short Take

Don't songs ever touch your hearts?  Are you made of stone?

There you go again, Uncle Ken. making assumptions.  Am I to respond within in a certain time frame to your posts?  That's not going to happen as I prefer to give my posts some thought, and you may not be happy with my immediate reaction,  When I saw who the singer was I thought, can Judy Collins and Joni Mitchell be far behind?  Fine singers all but the ladies are under-represented in my music collection.  It isn't the fact that they are women but rather their choices of material; I prefer the rockers, the blues artists, and the soul singers.  And plenty of songs have touched the heart but I will name only one: Tragedy, by Thomas Wayne and the DeLeons (1959).

-----

It's been a good week for me, getting a lot of cleaning done in the apartment; it's been much too long since I've given it a comprehensive effort.  There's no carpeting so it's down on the hands and knees to clean all the floors.  Windows were washed and the vacuum cleaner is getting a good workout.  The kitchen is coming together nicely and I'm enjoying the simple pleasure of sitting and having a cup of coffee, listening to the radio,  thinking great thoughts, and making grand plans.


Not giving thought to certain political yahoos can do wonders for one's temperament.  I'm trying to be more careful about the things that demand my attention and the Mueller Report isn't one of them.  As a recently minted septuagenarian (can I use the term Septoid?) I've decided that I'm getting too old for a lot of shit.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment