Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

I Feel Better Now, But They Still Suck

Maybe I did get a little carried away for awhile, but there really are a lot of people who get a kick out of telling the rest of us what we should and should not eat, drink, smoke, wear, and drive.  Another thing they like to do is scare us with predictions that we're all going to die.  They have been threatening us with hazards like atomic bombs, pollution, adulterated food, exotic diseases, climate change, meteors, and space aliens for as long as I can remember, and yet we're still here.  There probably is some truth in what they tell us but, if it was as bad as they say, we would all be dead by now.  I don't remember hearing anything about belching cows in any of my high school science classes, but they say that a certain amount of memory loss is normal at my age.

The last deer I shot was a ten point buck in 2011.  It was the biggest deer I had ever shot, and I remember thinking at the time that, if I never shot another one, the Deer Spirit wouldn't owe me a thing.  I have missed a few and let a few walk away since then but I'm okay with that.  It is not unusual for an old hunter to lose his killer instinct, or at least take the edge off of it.  Some of them quit hunting, but some of them still go out occasionally for old time sake.  It could be worse you know, a lot of people my age are dead.

Although Petoskey stones are supposed to be common around here, I have found them hard to spot when they're dry, which is why a lot of rock hounds like to search for them along the water's edge.  From what I've read, the city of Petoskey was named after its founder, Chief Petoskey, who was a half breed Indian that had already become prosperous before he acquired the land where his namesake city now stands.

I never claimed to know the contents of the Mueller Report, I just said that everybody who reads it seems to get something different out of it, and that I was looking forward to reading Uncle Ken's take on it.  I am not interested enough to read the whole thing myself.  I heard on the TV news today that Trump is trying to prevent publication of the unredacted report, but I didn't hear why.  Then Nancy Pelosi said something about congressional impeachment being unnecessary because Trump seems intent on impeaching himself.    

No comments:

Post a Comment