Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

can we agree on garlic?

Well I guess there will be no new and improved corn bread recipe for Uncle Ken.  I didn't mean to imply that I was bragging about taking a buck advantage out of the Seven Elevens not updating their price database in a timely manner two or three times a year.  I do not wear badass aloofness well, though I will confess to smugness.  Because I am an admitted sinner does that mean I am not worthy of expressing compassion for the less fortunate?

My intent was to open up a discussion on the metaphysics of sin, using myself as an example, even though I knew that the dawgs are not fond of that sort of thing.  Well so it goes.  I guess I will continue to bake the old and unimproved corn bread.


How about garlic?  My wintertime main meal consists of some mixture of the vegetables I named in my shocking confession along with other veggies for variation.  It's pretty good, but it can get to be rather bland.  Towards that end I have added freshly ground pepper, soy sauce, a dollop of butter, and garlic.  I used to buy that clump at the Jewel (at full price) and peel off a clove or two and strip them of their skins and chop them up into little pieces.  Then I came across the garlic press.  Quite an elegant piece of machinery, and how satisfying to mash the cloves through those tiny holes.  But you still have to strip the cloves of their skin, and then after you mash there is that unpleasant glop of residue that you have to pick out with a pointed knife.  Not much of a time saver, so I went back to slicing the cloves.  But then I came across minced garlic.  A two pound jar goes for five bucks and you just spoon out an amount a little larger than the cloves you would have used.


So I was about to google something like about crime in Mexican refugee camps to find sources that showed it was not the refugees but the locals who were doing the crime and then get links and so on and so on, and then it occurred to me that Beagles's references are named only as what he has read and heard in the news media, so why is the onus on me?  I wonder how Beagles is more aware of the increasing crime in our big cities than people who live in them, especially when statistically crime is down everywhere in the past five or so years. 

It's Beagles who is doing the open borders by allowing anybody who can pass his superficial tests into the country.

The whole point of a jury is that the people are not paid.  They are everyday citizens with no axe to grind doing their civic duty.  If you pay them they are hardly disinterested and will follow the lead of those who pay them.

No comments:

Post a Comment