Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Dum-dumb-dummy doo-wah

I don't remember Just Out of Reach, but I was a big fan of She's Not There,

It's too late to say you're sorry,
how would I know why should I care.

Ah that encapsulated the budding cynicism of my teenage years.  Actually I was just about at the end of those years when that song came out, but that teenage melodrama hangs on after you leave your teens.  I guess the perfect song of teen-age angst is Only the Lonely. Dum-dumb-dummy doo-wah,  walking the busy streets of Gage Park in the dark, maybe a little strand of hair hanging over my forehead, my collar turned up, one hand in my pocket, the other holding my transistor radio, a pack of those cool cigarettes Viceroy, in my shirt pocket.  Plumbing the depths of my sorrow because I did not have a girl, because i was a big fucking nerd was why.  Another good song for walking up and down Kedzie was Runaway, especially if there was a bit of rain.

I'm walking in the rain
Tears are falling and I feel the pain.

Jeez, just writing that I got that old feeling.  I guess that stuff never goes away.


I'm reminded of the story thirty plus years ago when some friend of mine was showing his young nephew how on his car you turned the crank and the window went up, and the kid was like how cool, I wonder how long it will be before all cars have that  But speaking of complaining, how come the window controls and door locks are different on every fucking car?  Shouldn't these things be standardized?  They certainly should.


Apparently that newer version gives more details on why the material was redacted, but of course you have to take the Justice Department's word on that, and it doesn't add much to knowing what was going on.  I don't care much to read the snippets of news on my political sites and I certainly don't want to read something lengthy like the Mueller Report from a screen when the hardcopy is not that expensive in the first place.


I wonder about people getting different things out of the report, and I am certainly aware that I am reading it from my own slant, but still I think even a Trumpist would be a bit upset by how closely the Trump campaign was playing footsie with the Russkies.  There's no moment discovered when an actual handshake (you do this for us, and we'll do that for you) took place, but there are a lot of people in the Trump campaign who strangely don't seem to remember anything that happened.

I suspect that most of the readers of the report are anti-Trumpists.  All the Trumpists need to know is that the prez, who never lies, says that there was no collusion.

I'm on about page one hundred.  Still mostly all Russkie stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment