Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Here Come the Judge!

Okay, forget about the scanners.  If they can't tell the difference between broccoli and turnips, they probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between good guys and bad guys.  Instead, let's move the immigration courts right into the IRCs.  I don't know where they are now, but it makes more sense to locate them right along the border where the immigrants are.  Judges must be able to tell good guys from bad guys because that's their job anyway.  I say again, forget the whole asylum thing, after changing the laws of course.  The important thing is to screen out the bad guys, the very people that the good guys are seeking asylum from.  I don't know where Uncle Ken is getting his information, but I have read a number of news articles about criminal gangs operating in refugee camps and in US Hispanic neighborhoods, and none of those articles was written by Donald Trump.  It's probably not a very large percentage of the immigrants, but it's certainly not zero.

In my plan, the IRCs would be the entry points.  I don't know how many we would need, but we likely would have to hire more judges, which is something that Uncle Ken has said we should do anyway.  Sure it would be expensive, but the costs would be offset by the savings we would realize by discontinuing the present ineffective system.  We have discussed this wall v fence thing before.  The pre fab panels they are presently installing to upgrade the existing barriers look more like a fence than a wall to me, but call them what you will.  The  main thing is that we need to give the immigrants their hearing before we let them into the country, not a year or two afterwards.  That's just common sense.

Speaking of common sense, this turnip thing is not one of the great philosophical and theological problems of the cosmic universe, it's just common sense and common decency.  Even an Atheist should understand that.  I can remember a couple of times when I was either overcharged or undercharged at the supermarket.  I didn't find out about it until later that night when my hypothetical wife was checking over the receipt, and we just let it slide both times.  She told me that she always checks her receipt before leaving the store, and I have started doing that as well.

Illegal immigration has been a problem for a long time, but public concern about it took a big jump right after 9-11.  That's why we need a passport to go to Canada now, and I suppose to Mexico as well.  I know it doesn't make a lot of sense since none of the hijackers came into the country from Canada of Mexico, but that's how people are, they never miss the water until the horse gets out, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment