Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

From Hordes to Boards

There used to be an old saying: "I love humanity, it's people that I can't stand."  Well, I'm just the opposite, I like people as individuals, what I don't like are big crowds of people, most of whom I don't know, but all of whom I have to put up with.  I have already conceded that the per capita crime rate for the immigrants is probably no greater than for the general population, but I still maintain that more people generate more crime.  It's not just the crime either, it's the noise, the traffic, and the long lines at the supermarket.  I don't know how many people they have in Central America but, at the present rate, they will soon all be here.  No good can come of that.

Uncle Ken is right about me usually wanting the government to do nothing.  That's because they usually do things that I don't like.  I guess what's different now is that I'm tired of hearing them constantly talking about stuff that they probably will never do.  It just occurred to me that they might be doing this on purpose, to lull us into a false sense of security.  Then, after we become bored and quit paying attention, wham they do something, hoping that we don't notice.  

  A non profit corporation usually operates on the principle of one man, one vote.  It sounds like Uncle Ken's condo club is not one of those, so it probably operates under the Golden Rule: "He who has the gold, rules." 

I have been involved with a few boards and committees in my life and, in my experience, it usually goes something like this:  Before they hold a regular meeting, they hold a secret meeting the they don't tell me about.  All the decisions are made at this secret meeting, the regular meeting is just a dog and pony show to entertain the public.  If I refuse to rubber stamp one of the previously made decisions, they pretend to agree with me, and then go out and do what they had originally planned to do.  If I complain about that at the next meeting, they pretend that they don't know what I'm talking about.  This, my esteemed colleagues, is democracy in action.



No comments:

Post a Comment