Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2019

divert this

I always preferred piss or get off the pot.  I like alliteration and the mental picture is not as graphic, but the google machine says that both are about equally used.  Should the dems be concerned with what Beagles is tired of hearing about inasmuch as it has probably been decades since he has pulled the dem lever?  (I have never pulled a lever, it was gone before my time, but I cling to the phrase because what else can I say, slid the paper through that machine?  And actually we don't get to slide it either, we give it to the nice lady who does that.  The whole thing lacks any tactile gratification.)

Last I knew Beagles had his newspaper and occasional blips from the radio, and then he has his internet news services that I think he reads just before writing his posts, so it amounts to not that big a barrage compared to oh, me, who listens to NPR till ten in the morning and then it's CNN till suppertime, and then I'm fooling with my internet sites till bedtime.  So I don't know it doesn't seem like such a big burden for him to hear a few reports that agitate him.  If he read those articles that he put in his post then he should know why the dems are reluctant to impeach, but the base kind of wants it because, oh, it seems like the right thing to do and it would feel so good.

When Trump took the oval office people used to say that he made those outrageous tweets to divert attention from whatever, but if soon became apparent that he is just not that clever.  But still you hear that diversion thing often enough, generally it is applied to something that the other guy is doing that you don't like and then you compare it to something else they are doing that you don't like so it's kind of a win win.  But I'm not buying it, I don't see where it ever works.

There is plenty of news from the border and I don't see how the issue of impeachment has caused it to to be shoved out of the headlines.  You hear a lot these days about walking and chewing gum when one side gets accused of doing something the other side does not like and they prefer them to do this other sing and the accused side replies that they can walk and chew gum, i e, they can do both, doing one thing does not preclude them from doing another.

Is Beagles saying that Nixon did Watergate because he didn't want anybody to notice that he was selling plucky South Vietnam and Taiwan down the river?  As I recall there was plenty of coverage of Vietnam while Nixon was getting impeached.

Israel is hardly being sold down the river.  Netanyahu has Trump's pecker in his pocket.  Who cares about South Korea when charming Kim Jong Un can be courted with flowers and chocolates? 

A little confused by that Peter Paul and Mary song.  Is that what he was soothing his teen spirit with many years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment