Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Trump is Trump

I've been saying all along that Trump was a loose cannon and that there was no telling what he might do.  Nevertheless, he surprised me when he won the nomination, he really surprised me when he won the election, and he really really surprised me when he started actually doing what he said he was going to do.  This latest bombshell from the loose cannon, however, shouldn't surprise anyone.  Trump has been saying all along that this Russian thing was a witch hunt, and he has repeatedly expressed admiration for Putin.  The only thing different is, this time, he said it with Putin standing right next to him and with cameras rolling.  Now people are racking their brains trying to find a logical explanation.  One possibility, however remote, is that the Russian thing really is a witch hunt and that Putin really is a nice guy once you get to know him.  Another possibility is that, after saving this country from the Mexicans, Trump is planning to turn it over to the Russians and/or the North Koreans.  Maybe he's a closet Communist, or maybe he's just in it for the money.  I think, the most likely explanation, however, is that Trump is just being Trump, the loose cannon.  Who knows what he might do next?

Some famous guy once said that the people get exactly the kind of government they deserve.  I'm sure he didn't mean reasonable people like us, he meant all those other people.  They knew what Trump was like, and they voted for him anyway.  There were at least a dozen candidates in the Republican primary that could have done what the people wanted.  Of course "could have" doesn't mean "would have", but the people didn't even give them a chance to try.  Maybe next time the Republicans will come up with a decent conservative candidate who can win the hearts and minds of the rank and file without being such a loose cannon.  One can only hope.

One does not take a $20,000 tractor and deliberately crash it into a tree.  Even if one didn't care about the money, there is the potential for injury or even death to consider.  I took those pictures with my trail camera, which means I had little control over them.  I set the camera where it would cover my work area and then just went about my business.  The camera is triggered by both motion and heat, so I get a lot of pictures with nothing of interest in them.  I have it set so that it won't take pictures less than ten minutes apart, which keeps me from getting a bunch of pictures of the same subject.  This was my first successful attempt to use it to take selfies, and I thought they came out pretty good, all things considered.  I am not in the habit of giving names to my tools and equipment.  I don't know why, I just never did.  Of course I named all of my dogs, but that was different because they were alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment