Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2018

kissing your sister

Of course you are accepting the law, everybody accepts the law except those who end up in jail for not doing so, it's not like a voluntary thing.  Here's a thought question, if they made guns illegal, but didn't have the man power to knock on every door and search, so they asked everybody to bring them in to the local cop shop, would you comply?

The point I was making was that you did vote not to give them rights.  And the Republicans said they were going to try to take those rights, which have been granted, away, and you voted for them in the anticipation that that might happen, so I call that voting to take away rights that have been granted.

I see where 135,000 kids were adopted last year, a small drop in the number of poor kids being born.  It doesn't seem likely that if all poor kids were put up for adoption that there would be a place for them in good homes.  And there is this thing, that we have seen lately at the border, where people want to hang onto their kids.  If you had hit hard times when our daughter was a child, would you have thought, no prob, I'll just put her up for adoption?

I don't see that marrying a person of the opposite sex, or of the same sex is that different.  In many states not that long ago it was illegal to marry a person of a different race.  That doesn't seem right does it?

All the members of The Institute have sisters, and I am sure that we all have the same reaction to marrying our sisters.  Yuck.  I looked it up and it is widely illegal, not that it is a big problem, you don't see many people clamoring to marry their sibs.

When I was living in southern Illinois I had a male tuxedo cat named BC and a female cat I named Maw because she pumped out kittens all the time (because I was an irresponsible hippie and didn't have her fixed).  Since they both lived with me I thought that they would be like brother and sister and when she went into heat he would be hanging somewhere else, but come the birth, out popped a bunch of tuxedo cats.  Of course they weren't biologically sibs, but I just looked it up and cats don't let that sib, or mother and father thing get in their way when it comes to offspring.  As I am pretty sure is the rule in the animal kingdom except for humans and possibly the great apes.

I wonder why we humans have such an aversion to sib intercourse.  There is that resultant genetic weakness, but surely our ancestors couldn't have known that.  Researching whether chimps mated with their sibs I came across a lot of interesting speculation that I do not have time to read or report on this morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment