Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2018

I Found It

I don't believe I've ever read "The Frontier in American History", but I looked it up on Wiki and it sounded familiar.  Then I clicked on to one of Wiki's sources for the article, and I found the whole book.  I started to read it last night, but it got late and I got tired.  I'll never have time to read the whole thing on line, but it might serve as a reference for discussion.  The book is also available from Amazon, so I might order it so I can read it at my leisure, since my computer is not portable and I do most of my reading in the bathroom and the garage (my smoking lounge).  Here is the link:
xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/TURNER/

I have heard before that Americans are a particularly violent people, but I don't know if I believe it or not.  Violence certainly dominates the news, but it wouldn't be news if it was commonplace.  I don't know about the national homicide rate, but Detroit was once called "the murder capitol of the world".  I understand that title was usurped by Chicago some years ago.  To be fair, Chicago is a lot bigger than Detroit, and the population of Detroit has been declining for decades.



No comments:

Post a Comment