Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Nothing to see here

It's been a couple of months since Mr. Beagles acquired his new tractor and I wonder how it is working out for him.  Are there noticeable differences between the old one and the new one, like being quieter, more powerful, more comfortable, and was it money well spent?

Another question for Mr. Beagles: has he ever been to the Slabtown Cafe in Traverse City?  It was recently listed as one of the top-ten burger places in the US but I forgot where I read that.  They serve up to 800 pounds of burgers per day so they must be pretty good.  None of the burger joints in Chicago made the list which surprised me as some of them are exceptional.

-----

Sometimes I think there are too many federal, laws and many matters should be left to the individual states, counties, and communities.  There should be more flexibility in the system allowing towns and cities to make their own rules as long as human rights aren't being trampled.  We can buy alcohol almost anywhere yet many areas choose to be dry like some of the voting precincts in Chicago; possession is okay but not the sale or distribution.  Ah, I'm not getting anywhere with this train of thought.  Sorry.

-----

Owning guns is fine; I'm not as liberal as Mr. Beagles seems to believe.  But I'd like to remind him that more people have been robbed by a stroke of the pen than by any gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment