Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

barefoot in the car with Vicky in Cheeseland

I don't think I've said the world is ending.  The world has its ups and downs however.  Five hundred years of dark ages followed the fall of the Roman Empire.  Things were pretty copacetic just after WW I, but it wasn't long before we found ourselves in WW II.  The Byzantine Empire has an interesting story, sort of the Greek rump state of the Roman Empire, but I don't think Beagles knows that history if he thinks the Byzantines woke up one day and decided to call themselves Turks.  They were conquered by the Turks who sacked Constantinople and made a mosque out of the Hagia Sophia and renamed the city Istanbul. 

If Beagles doesn't know the difference between abortion and murder and armed robbery I don't know what to tell him. 

What brought up the second thought question was we were discussing immigration and Beagles agreed with Jeff Sessions who maintained that the law was the law and had to be obeyed whether you liked it or not, and Beagles fell in line with that. So Beagles believes laws that he likes are to be obeyed without question, but when he doesn't like the law he can do whatever he wants.


I thought maybe Vicky from Eau Claire was just trying to get Old Dog's stinky feet back into his clodhoppers, but being an avid seeker of the truth I went to the google, and there is a lot of stuff on the subject.  Too much to do proper research, but the trend seemed to be that it was the state of Indiana and the problem was with the the minor having her socks off.

Some elections have a rule that if no candidate gets a majority, the two top vote getters go on to face each other mano y mano.  The presidential elections are not like that, and it's a good thing because nobody gets a majority in a close election and it would be silly to have a second election where nobody could vote for Ralph Nader or the Tarians!  

I had trepidations about Old Dog's link when I saw that it was from Truthdig, (why no, exclamation mark??), not that I am familiar with that forum, but just the name, you know.  And sure enough it was long and rambling, at one point I saw a reference to Jean Genet's The Balcony, not a sign that the author is in any hurry to make a point.  I think it was about rotten boroughs, and I couldn't agree more that boroughs are rotten.  I don't need no Genet quoting Truthdigger! (there doesn't that look nice?) to tell me that.

Hilary won't be done until a stake is put through her heart and she is buried a hundred feet deep with one of those Chernobyl shields put over that, and then there will still be whispering.

No comments:

Post a Comment