Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

The Canadian Connection

I saw something on Face Book Saturday night that seemed to imply that Canada was willing to take all those asylum seekers off our hands.  I didn't click on it at the time, but I got to thinking later that, if this is true, it might be a way to resolve the issue.  Last night I went searching for the article, and this is what I found:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/25/justin-trudeau-forced-to-backtrack-on-open-invitation-to-refugees

I still don't understand what is the big deal about those Russians.  Near as I can tell, all they did was run a bunch of fake ads on Face Book.  Is that illegal?  Who even reads that crap anyway?  Another thing that puzzles me is all the stuff Trump, and now Trudeau, has been putting on Twitter.  Is this the wave of the future?  I thought that the only people who read Twitter were teenagers, most of whom are too young to vote in the first place.

Although political parties are not mentioned in the Constitution, it seems like they would fall under the protection of the First Amendment's freedom of speech and assembly.  Furthermore, if you could abolish them by legislation, I'm pretty sure you would have to abolish them all, not just the ones you don't like.  One way to get rid of them, or at least reduce their influence, would be if people just quit giving them money.  I'm already doing my part in that respect, all you've got to do is convince everybody else to do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment