Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2018

Commie is as Commie Does

I am certainly not pleased about the way Trump has been kissing up to North Korea and Russia.  I thought that Russia was going to be all right when they gave up Communism, but apparently not.  Well, they might have given it up as an economic system, although by then their economic system had evolved into something that must have caused Karl Marx to turn over in his grave, but it looks like they never gave up being bad guys, and that was the worst part of Communism.  Funny though, that Trump isn't kissing up to Cuba like Obama did.  Maybe Trump is more concerned about undoing everything that Obama accomplished than about fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.  Look at his failed attempt to repeal Obamacare.  He didn't really try to repeal it, he tried to patch it up and rebrand it as Trumpcare, which is probably why it didn't pass.  I always said that Trump was a loose cannon, but I'm still glad that he is setting the liberal agenda back a few years.  Of course it's not permanent, but it means that the next liberal president we get is going to have to start all over again instead of building on an existing foundation.

Gay marriage has been around for awhile now, and the world hasn't come to an end, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  There is a difference, you know, between tolerance and approval.

I read Old Dog's link about that intellectual dark web. (Should that be capitalized?)  I found it hard to relate to because I had never heard of most of the people they talked about.  I have heard before that the universities are hotbeds of political correctness, but I never attached much importance to it because they are, after all, just schools.  One difference between us and those dark web guys is that people pay them to spout off their opinions.  I'm not sure if we should aspire to that for our own Institute.  We don't really need the money, and accepting it might compromise our independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment