Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I Still Don't Like It

Okay, maybe tolerance is not the right word, perhaps the right word is acceptance.  I accepted the court's decisions, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.  They can't make a law that says I have to like something, at least not yet.  I chose tolerance because tolerance implies that I'm putting up with it, whereas acceptance implies that I'm going along with it, but it's a fine line of distinction.  I don't care which word we use as long as it's understood that I still don't like it.  The court giveth and the court taketh away.  Let's see how well Uncle Ken and his ilk like it if the new court overthrows what the old court did.

The point I was trying to make is that I never voted to take somebody's rights away, because they never had those rights until the court gave it to them, which was after I had voted not to give it to them.  Nevertheless, if I had the opportunity to vote on those issues again, I would still vote the same way.  Then I would be voting to take those rights away, but that hasn't happened yet.

Marrying the woman I love is not the same thing as a gay guy marrying the man he loves.  A man may love his sister, but does that mean he should marry her?  Religious and ethical arguments aside, it's just not the same thing.

A poor woman who is either unable or unwilling to care for her child can always give it up for adoption.  Adoption agencies are generally more selective about choosing parents than Mother Nature is, so chances are that the kid will be better off in its adopted home.  Who knows, that kid might grow up to be President of the United States someday.  I make small joke.  Remember when a statement like that was considered a compliment?

I seem to remember that lots of Republicans spoke out against Trump but, now that you mention it, I haven't heard any of them speaking out lately.  I wonder why that is.  Trump is doing some things that Republicans have been promising to do for decades.  I remember that, during the campaign, Trump said that he was the only one who could do those things.  Maybe he should have said that he was the only one who would do those things.  That would have been more accurate, not that Trump seems to care much about being accurate.  




No comments:

Post a Comment