Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2018

baby meme

I'm intrigued by the difference between tolerance and approval.  It's like when people say they will forgive, but they won't forget.  Forgiving is wiping the slate clean.  If they're not forgetting than they aren't really forgetting are they?  Most people aren't interested in being approved of as they are of being tolerated.  I mean it's kind of patronizing to say you approve of somebody.  If somebody told me that they approved of me, my reaction is who are you to approve or disapprove of me? 

I don't think not allowing a group of people to have the same rights as you have is tolerance. 
I am speaking here of gay marriage which Beagles wants to take away, not because it would make anything better or worse, but just because he doesn't like it.


I wonder if that Trump baby will get under Trump's skin.  It is kind of like Trump tweets in that it doesn't make any specific, charge it is basically just pure insult.  If I call you out for, I dunno, faulty reasoning, you can respond by showing that your reasoning is not faulty, but if I call you a big fucking baby, there is not much you can say except to deny it, but even by denying it you are reduced, you are the guy who is claiming not to be a big fucking baby. 

Seems to me this Trump baby is a pretty effective meme,  I expect we will soon see it on mylar balloons and t shirts at demonstrations.  Of course it depresses me too because it reminds me that everything is about Trump, but then that is reality isn't it?

I suppose I should be some kind of soccer fan, or know what teams are playing or maybe the name of some top player, to be, you know, the man of the world I sometimes claim to be.  But my eyes glaze over at the sight of those brightly clad little guys swarming like flies on a striped field of green, back and forth, back and forth, as the crowd inexplicably goes wild.  And after two hours and ten minutes that seem like two years and ten months, the game is decided by a single set piece kick.  I'm not sure of that last part, but I barely kept awake looking up the length of a soccer game, so I don't dare look up this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment