Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2018

we all mean well, well at any rate we all say we do

I think gravity makes a lick of sense, at any rate it's simple, everything attracts everything else, not a lot of folderol going on here.  But electro magnetism?  It starts out simple enough as a reverse action to gravity, like subtraction is to addition.  Every like charge repels every other one, but then it turns out that opposite charges attract, and then you wonder why two, why not  a  trinity, why not seven and a half?  And where is this charge?  It can't float around on its own, it has to attach itself to mass, but then some particles don't have any charge.  Well actually it turns out they have both, so how do these antithetical forces dwell together, I think the strong nuclear force comes in here, and I go out.

I think that whenever an electric chart moves through space it creates a magnetic field.  Magnetism, once I get past the two Scotty dog magnets I am lost.  Why Scotty dogs?  It seems to me that with that attraction/repulsion thing it should be cats.


I read some speculation about Trump's height.  Obama is 6' 1" to Trump's claim of 6' 3", but when you see them together Obama seems slightly taller..  I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the state of the union.  I'm sure he will be on teleprompter and under strict orders from his handlers, but he has been chafing at his handlers lately and it's a long boring speech with only polite response so he will be likely to go off the rails a bit, but Trump going off the rails is like chair tossing on Jerry Springer, it gets old.

Is Beagles trying to claim Trump's lack of capacity to change, to adapt to new information as a virtue?  There is a long narrative about politicians growing in office, particularly the presidency, in Trump's case his growth amounts to lying about his height.


Beagles' story about  cannibals aside I think the golden rule is pretty universal.  As social animals it is in our genes, folks that don't have it are not liked by the tribe and they don't get a chance to spread their antisocial genes.  If you study cultural, literary societal, stuff I think you will find that people generally have the same notion of good and bad.  Honesty, loyalty, generosity, things like that always are prized.  Whether people actually practice these things is a whole other issue which is far beyond the scope of a Monday morning post.

How we deal with the non-conformers whose behavior disrupts the smooth sailing  of society sounds like an interesting topic for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment