Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

super powers of the Trumpists

Well did he say shithole, or did he didn't?  Seems likely he did because he didn't deny it for like 24 hours and there are reports that he was chortling over it, thinking this would help with his base, you know like teenagers of our day who would go to the movies and giggle if somebody said a dirty word.  Somebody said Lindsey Graham said he did, but last I heard Lindsey hasn't personally said he did.  Those other guys, anti-immigration reps to a man, at first couldn't remember, but then later they remembered distinctly that he didn't.  In the whirlwind of the Sunday talks shows I heard one guy, can't remember his name, said the word was actually shithouse, which seems less graphic and even has pleasant connotations, as in built like a.

Seems to me that the evidence is pretty solid that he did, so it was a little disheartening to see half a dozen or so reps wearing blue ties and saying they were red.  When you jump on the Trump train you leave your integrity behind, but you do gain super powers like lying with  a straight face and no inner qualms.

But the word is not so much a big deal as the context, like why are we letting in people from shithole countries implying that they are shithole people, unlike those blonde Norwegians who surely have some kind of bikini team.  Seems pretty clear that he is saying white people good, black people bad.  Which makes me wonder about Beagles tending to agree with him on the immigration issue  But quoting Trump is like quoting the bible.  You don't just say, the book of Leviticus, you say Leviticus 1:15, and you say Trump 1/6 12:14PM.

Beagles brings up a good point about the Chinese having a high technology without monotheism.  I'm caught a bit flat footed here.  I'll say that I was talking about science and not technology, but I admit that that's a little weak.  Someday soon we should have a talk about the difference between science and technology.

I've said before that I don't like the way my ilk tosses around the term racist. It doesn't shed any light and basically it is name-calling, and I don't see where it does anything other than excite the base and I prefer a thoughtful base to an excited base, well maybe not on election day.

Oh hey, remember we were talking about the Miller/Tapper kerfuffle, and how Miller wasn't answering any questions just saying over and over how great Trump was, which Tapper said he was doing only to get brownie points because everybody knows Trump watches these shows and would never read like a memo you sent him, so saying it on tv is the only way to get his attention.  Miller is a big anti-immigration guy, and the next thing you know DACA is squashed.

Shirt holes, I like it.  I didn't know The Good Place was back on tv.  Thursday nights right?

Hey, where did Beagles get that groovy font?

No comments:

Post a Comment