Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

how to tell the truth

Offhand I am not familiar with the Post Truth Era term.  I suppose I could Google it.  I generally Google up two or three items in the writing of a post and like Old Dog I generally learn a thing or two in that manner, but I kind of feel like that should be the responsibility of the poster.  Oh, here I go.

It turns out it is all over the place.  There is a book by that title (hyphenated) by Ralph Keyes, ah and the Oxford English Dictionary's word of the year for 2016.  I am sure they are talking about  Trump who has taken lying to a whole new bald-faced level, beyond mere deception and into the level of wearing a blue tie and telling everybody it is red, and claiming that those who are calling it blue are a bunch of liars. 

Late at night (8 PM) I watch the murder channel.  I don't get off on the gore, but I do like the Perry Mason style winnowing of the subjects, and frequently they begin to hone in on the perp because he is changing his story, and at this point they point out that if you tell the truth, that is all you have to remember, whereas if you lie you have to remember every single lie which is much more difficult. 

That's why the adults were telling you the same story, outside of like Santa Claus, they were telling you the truth.  Most all of what you learned in school was the truth.  I hate to see Them making a comeback in Beagles' posts.  As long as you believe in some shadowy group that can cloud the truth, you can't believe in anything else really.  I think the concept of Them in Beagles' mind, and not any actual Them is what is clouding Beagles' mind so that he doesn't believe anything anymore.  Those of us who don't have that affliction can find information, think about it, and tell, pretty much, what is truth and what is false.

Fire and Fury is written by a yellow journalist, and he is loose with his particulars, but  so far none of those quoted has denied saying what is ascribed to them, possibly because Wolff says he has tapes to back up what he says.  Note, the Trumpists call it a passel of lies, but don't go into details,  but none of the specifics are denied.  A discerning person, a follower of the logic of Euclid can easily tell who is telling the truth and doesn't throw up his hands and say, golly I don't know who to believe.


And how about that Bannon?  Has ever an evil genius risen so quickly and fallen so equally quickly?  Much as I watch Fox, I read the Brietbart report regularly and I never got it, some hysteria, some real news, a lot of puff pieces about Bannon, but frankly nothing there.  A lot of screwballs made their way into Trumpland, and I didn't see what was so special about  him, and apparently neither does anybody else.  RIP Sloppy Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment