Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

the cyclops speaks

I guess the surgery went ok.  I go back to the doctor today to have my 'eyepatch' removed.  I'm hoping it will be like in the movies when the plastic surgeon removes the bandages, only in this case it won't be me that looks different, but the world that looks different to me. 

I didn't get enough joy juice so I was aware of what was going on all the time.  I was numbed so there wasn't much actual pain but being poked repeatedly in the eye is pretty uncomfortable.  Here's an amusing moment.  You know how they won't let you leave the hospital unless you are accompanied by somebody?  I had made an arrangement with a neighbor to pick me up, but when the time came for me to leave he wandered off, and then I got a call from him that he'd be back in half an hour.  Half an hour?  You know when the hospital lets you go you don't want to linger, and like I said they were so parsimonious with the joy juice that I was perfectly fine.

There was a nurse watching me, but when she went out of the room I made my break.  I headed for the first sign that said EXIT, but it turns out it lead to one of those stairways that you can get into but not out of.  I tried the next door up and the next door down but I couldn't get in either.  Finally they discovered me and I pretended that I was just confused.  Later I confessed to trying to escape, but they didn't give me a hard time about it.  I imagine it happens all the time,


Why are you listening to that liar unfiltered?  The full transcript of the conversation has not yet been released.  The White House released its own transcript in which Trump is pretty clearly saying before Ukraine gets its money for defense Trump expects a favor from them, namely dirt on the Bidens.

It's kind of surprising that the white house released this version of the transcript because it makes the prez look so guilty, it kind of reads like one of those phone calls where the mafia guy makes you an offer you cannot refuse.  Schiff did kind of a parody of it, putting it into gangster talk, and now the Trumpists are saying that this is what Schiff says the transcript actually says.


My definition of sin is that you know what it is in your heart, not because of what anybody else tells you.  You may do it, even if it's wrong because it may make you rich, or impress some babe, that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment