Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

anybody listening out there?

I hate these days of nothing over the transom.  What am I going to do?  Go to the end of my last post and tack on a furthermore and then continue on my line of thought?  I suppose I could but generally my momentum has been spent at the end of the post, and furthermore when nothing comes over the transom I get the eerie feeling that nobody is listening. 

I talk to myself.  It began with talking to my cats, and then I carried it on in the grocery store.  Let's see a buck for twelve ounces and a buck and a quarter for sixteen, but then I like the former brand better, but frankly getting a little tired of it and maybe the latter would be a mild cheap thrill, but then are they really all that different or is it just my imagination, but even if it is my imagination doesn't that count for something, I mean if I am happier eating the former, then isn't that what really counts?

That sort of thing.  At first I was doing it kind of subconsciously and when I noticed I was like, shut up!  Do you want to end up in a loony bin?  But then I noticed that it was kind of fun and kind of cleared my head, and they really don't put people in loony bins anymore, and people gave you a little more space so there was more elbow room in front of the canned beans section. 

So now I just do it, especially if I am doing some complicated task, it's kind of like writing something down, it makes everything clearer/  I can't say that I notice anybody listening to me, I mean why should they care, and that's fine.

But writing something and knowing nobody will be reading it, well it's just odd.  I mean I could paint and not show anybody, and I have drawn things and not shown anybody, but writing and nobody is reading, sounds like something people in loony bins do.


Okay, this just in, not over the transom, but over the radio and right on what I wanted to say about school spirit.  Some schools are now assigning seats in the lunch room.and assigning teachers to tables where they will lead the conversation.  Schools are a little like work, you put in your time and you get your grade, it's a transaction.  But this is trying to get into the kids' heads, it's like the difference between gym and recess.  We are social animals and I think when we are kids we are at our most social so to get a bunch of us together and not allow us to freely interact, just loony Man.

Back when we were going to college there was some talk about how a small college is better because then the officials could kind of look out for you.  What a stupid idea.  I wanted to go somewhere where nobody would be telling me nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment