Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ten Times a Day?

"My God, I hear Trump's side in his own words at least ten times a day from the Cheeto himself."

I only watch the news for about ten minutes a day, usually while waiting for the weather report to come on.  This time I went to the Bloomberg Channel to get the stock market numbers and Trump was talking, so I turned on the sound out of curiosity.  I can't remember the last time I saw him in person for more than a few seconds.  Usually they only report what he said on Twitter today.  One thing I can say about Trump is that he put Twitter, an adolescent social networking site, on the map.  I think he was the first politician to use Twitter, and now they all seem to be doing it.  Funny, none of them seem to be interested in posting on the Institute.  I guess that famous guy was right when he said, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people."

Speaking of Trump, I see on my news app that he has abandoned the Syrian Kurds to the tender mercy of the Heathen Turks, which has pissed off some of his loyal fans.  This wouldn't be the first time our government has cut and run, leaving one of our allies twisting in the wind, but I understand that the Turks and the Kurds have been skirmishing on their border for years, so this may be just another chapter in the continuing saga.  Meanwhile, I haven't seen anything about the defense of our own border lately, so I assume the illegals are still swarming across by the thousands every day.  Funny how the news media makes such a big deal about something for awhile, and then drops it with no explanation of how it turned out.

Glad to hear that Uncle Ken's surgery turned out so well. My hypothetical wife had that done a few years ago, and she said it wasn't much of an improvement when the patch first came off, but that it got better over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment