Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Of Trump and Trucks

I'm not saying that I believe everything Trump says any more than I believe everything the other side says, but I found it interesting to hear his side of the story in his own words.  Most of the news is the same thing over and over again, but this was a different slant that I hadn't heard before.

"My definition of sin is that you know what it is in your heart, not because of what anybody else tells you.  You may do it, even if it's wrong because it may make you rich, or impress some babe, that kind of thing."  Okay, that's why I have said that I am without sin, because I would never do anything like that.  Anytime I have done something wrong it was because I listened to somebody who claimed to know what he was talking about or I acted impulsively without thinking it through.  At my age I have come to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, and I no longer have the energy to act impulsively, so I'm pretty safe now.

A half ton truck is still the standard model for a "full size" pickup. Nobody makes them with manual transmissions anymore, so I had to settle for an automatic with air conditioning.  The good news is that it is indeed red.  They still make pickups with single cabs, which is what I am getting, but the extended cabs and double cabs do seem to be dominating the market these days.  I had to accept a few bells and whistles that I wouldn't have ordered, but that may be good thing. That's how I ended up with a CD player in my old truck, and it turned out that I used it way more than I thought I would.  The new one comes with a trailering package, some of which I don't need, but some of which I would have had to install after market.  There is also something called a "convenience package", which includes heated side mirrors.  Some of the school busses I have driven had them.  My experience was that you don't use them often, but they are nice to have when you need them.

This just in, yet another perspective:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAIrSKw?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare 


No comments:

Post a Comment