Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2019

telling one tree from another, the rise of western civ

Was it something I said?  That's what I wonder when Monday morning, and it seems like it is usually Monday, the floor beneath the transom is bare.  Did I insult Old Dog by saying that what she always said was the stupidest thing I ever heard?  Ah I don't think so, it's not like it's just her, a lot of people say it all the time.  It's just so nihilist, it's like saying all trees are the same.  The whole ascent from scurrying ape-like little buddies that were regularly eaten by saber tooth tigers to well, civilization, to our world of streak of lightening cars and fancy clothes and comfy front rooms where our sweet kitties can lie on the soft rug and wonder what is for dinner.  Well I try to vary it.  The Jewel used to offer an array of beef and chicken and fish parts, and I would pause and wonder if they would prefer the chicken and liver medley, or the seafood delight.  Anymore there are only two selections, and frankly, it doesn't seem to matter to them.  Somewhere in their ancestral minds there is likely a glimmer of something tasty their far distant ancestors used to eat, but it's never there in that little can, and maybe that is why they look at us the way they do just before they begin to purr.

See I don't get this thing about having nothing to say.  All you have to do is start typing and one thing leads to another. 

Anyway that's how we got here, by noticing trees and rocks and animals are unlike each other and different uses could be made of the variations.  And then to think that people are all alike is just crazy Man, crazy. 

I guess that is all I have for now.  Tomorrow I have to go out early to get some pumpkins for the seventh annual Marina City Punkin Palooza, so likely I will not be causally tossing something over the transom on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment