Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Of Mice and Men

Sin | Definition of Sin by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sin
offense, sin, vice, crime, scandal mean a transgression of law. offense applies to the infraction of any law, rule, or code. at that school no offense went unpunished sin implies an offense against moral or religious law. the sin of blasphemy vice applies to a habit or practice that degrades or corrupts.
Like I said before, while the word "sin" may be used to describe the violation of any law or principle, it is usually used in a religious context.  So why does Uncle Ken, who is a self declared Atheist, insist on using that specific word when there are lots of other words that describe bad acts?  Furthermore, he seems to believe in the Judeo-Christian concept of Original Sin, "Well not exactly that either, something like it."  Isn't one of the primary principles of secular humanism that people are born good and become corrupted by "society"?  

As far as I'm concerned, the advocates of Trump's impeachment still have not gotten off the pot.  Last I heard, they had not initiated formal impeachment proceedings, only an impeachment inquiry.  How is that any different than the eternal investigation that has been going on for the last three years?

Squirrels are not the only animals that have found it advantageous to hang around people, rats and mice immediately come to mind. 

I reported on Thursday that my salesman had "found" two pickups in my favorite color.  He called me on Friday to say that he had left voice mail messages at the two different dealerships, but neither of them had returned his call yet.  I hope this doesn't mean that both trucks have already been sold.  With the strike going on, no new GM products are being made, so my purchase depends on finding one like I want in dealership inventory.  Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment