Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

It's Not on Yet

"I can't believe that Beagles does not believe that impeachment is going on.  It is.  Maybe Beagles needs to start reading a bigger city paper or spend more than that five minutes of the news that he absorbs while watching his stock report." - Uncle Ken

"Today, Trump and his administration are currently fighting back against an ongoing, rapidly accelerating impeachment inquiry, with Democrats on Capitol Hill hoping to hold a vote on his impeachment before the end of the year."

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAISZiO?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

I don't know how reliable the Daily Beast is, but this was the first article about Trump on my news app tonight.  According to this, they are still conducting an impeachment inquiry, and hope to initiate formal impeachment proceedings by the end of the year.  This is consistent with everything I have heard about this impeachment thing up to now, except what Uncle Ken posted this morning.  There was something in our local paper the other day that explained how the process works.  First the House votes to impeach, then there is a trial with the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court acting as judge, the House acting as prosecutor, and the Senate acting as the jury.  If the Senate votes to convict by a 2/3 majority, then the President is removed from office and the Vice President moves up to fill the vacancy.  Since the House has not yet voted to impeach, the process has not yet officially begun.
Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and I think one other guy has been impeached, but none of them were convicted.  Richard Nixon resigned before he could be impeached, so he doesn't count.

"I guess that wee wee wee noise I am complaining about is the noise that is made when the driver approaches or leaves the car, after the keys come out of the pocket or go into it." - Uncle Ken
I think what Uncle Ken is referring to is the locator function that some vehicles have, but not mine.  If the driver has trouble finding his car in a parking lot, he clicks his remote and the car's lights flash.  I have seen this on TV, but not with the sound on, so I don't remember hearing any audible alarm, but it may well be there.  What the driver is probably doing as he leaves the car is enabling the locator device so it will be operative when he returns.   The flashing lights and sound probably confirm that the device has been enabled.  

I think I have finally identified all the bells and whistles on my new truck.  First I read the manual, and then I went out to see what features I actually have.  Like many instruction manuals today, this one lists all the possible options available and doesn't tell you which ones your particular model has.  One good thing I found is that the center section between the two seats folds down to reveal two cup holders and a tray where I can keep my sunglasses.  The ash tray in my old truck was inconveniently located, so I used an old coffee mug that I kept in one of the cupholders.  My new truck doesn't even have an ashtray, and I didn't know that it had cupholders until now.

Old Dog:  I checked my VIN number today and found that the last four digits are indeed 3060.  I expect that has some kind of significance, but I don't know what it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment