Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

a mountain of tit and a mound of tat

Just like all politicians and trees, dogs are not alike and I erred when I asked if I had insulted Old Dog by saying his grandmother had voiced an untruth.  I was of course referring to Beagles whose grandmother had voiced that popular refrain that they are all a bunch of crooks. 

I have indeed noticed that Old Dog only posts once a week.  For awhile it was Sunday and now it appears to be inching deeper into the week.  I haven't heard any cooking stories in awhile, what is that guy doing with all his time?

So far pumpkins are still allowed on the balconies.  And actually if you come by here at night you will see several balconies sporting colored lights.  Also those dreadful notices in the elevators warning that violators will be punished have not appeared.  Have they come to their senses and decided not to enforce their dreadful Scroogy rule?  Who knows?


Quite a day that yesterday, the day Trump came to town.  The underground maze that leads to the east tower loading dock is tricky business.  I once got lost down there and the guy driving the truck got pissed and I was abandoned with my forty pumpkins somewhere in the wilds with no idea where I or the loading dock was.  Fortunately there were some of our maintenance men wandering around and they spotted me and rescued me and the pumpkins, but I have never forgotten that so a day before the delivery every year I go down and scout it out to make sure I have it right.

So that's what I was doing yesterday morning and the place was crawling with cops.  We are one short block down from his tower where he was going to be holding his fundraiser and I guess if you were planning a revenge ISIS attack it would be a handy staging area.  And of course I got lost and was wandering around, a seventy four year old hippy in a maze crawling with cops. 

"You looking for something?" one of them asked me, and I said the east tower loading dock because I was bringing in a truckload of pumpkins the next day, and I'm rather surprised they didn't haul me in just on principle.

But they were good-natured.  I was wandering around downtown going about my business after I finally found the loading dock, and the cops were everywhere.  The weather was nice and they were getting overtime and the work consisted mostly of just standing around so they were nodding good-naturedly to the protesters who were assembling and it's not like that nasty stuff of the sixties anymore.  They were cops and probably some of them liked Trump, but they were also Chicagoans and Trump has insulted us a whole lot, so are kind of all in it together,

Something has been made of the lock him up chants at the world series.  Some of my ilk found it unseemly, it's not a good idea to wrestle with pigs, two wrongs don't make a right, aren't we better thn that?  I think it's a matter of tit for tat, which is not always the right thing, but in this case alongside the mountain of Trump's tit, booing him at a baseball game was a rather small mound of tat, and they were a crowd at a baseball game out for a good time, so what the hell, seems perfectly fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment