Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

My New Truck is Coming! My New Truck is Coming!

The guy called me today and said my truck is confirmed, so I went in and put a down payment on it.  The dealer should have it by Wednesday, and I should be able to pick it up on Thursday.

I saw Trump on TV this evening, and he seemed pretty rational for a change.  He said that this current impeachment threat is a scam, just like that Mueller thing.  He said that Schiff misrepresented the transcript of the phone conversation between Trump and that Ukrainian guy, that it doesn't say what Schiff said that it says.  That should be pretty easy to check, if the transcript has been released to the public, which I don't know if it has.  I never did read the Mueller report, but I might read this transcript as I understand that it's much shorter.

 "I think I defined sin some time ago as knowing something was wrong, but doing it anyway."
I seem to remember having this discussion, but I don't remember if we ever resolved the issue.  Did we ever decide how we know that something is wrong?  One guy might tell you that it's wrong, and another guy might tell you it's right.  Ultimately, you have to decide whether you believe it's wrong in your own mind.  Once that is decided, why would anybody do something that he sincerely believes is wrong?

Good luck to Uncle Ken with his cataract surgery.  I understand that it's a fairly common procedure anymore, and that it's considered to be safe and effective, but that doesn't mean it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment