Search This Blog

Friday, March 24, 2017

Trump Care Goes Down

I think that the Republicans would have a better chance of repealing Obama Care if they didn't try to replace it with something worse. I understand that Rand Paul tried to tell that to Trump, but he didn't listen. Of course the people who are now getting their health insurance for free would like to keep it that way, it's the people who are being forced to pay for it that want to see Obama Care repealed, but they certainly don't want to see it replaced it with something that will cost them even more. Like I said before, just give it to everybody for free and nobody will complain about it.

I'm pretty sure that the Brits had some kind of elections in 1649, otherwise King Charles wouldn't have gotten everybody mad at him when he dissolved Parliament. Okay, the House of Lords was, and still is, appointed by the King or Queen, but I think the House of Commons has always been elected by the people. Well, maybe not all the people, it was probably just the rich landowners who got to vote in those days, but that still qualifies as an election. I don't know if the French had an elected legislature before their revolution, but they certainly had one afterwards. I think it was called he Council of Deputies or something like that.

I think that Cheboygan has its share of drugs and drunks. Well it always had its share of drunks, and I suppose the drugs have been around for a long time. I don't get around much anymore, so all I know about it is what I read in the paper or see on the TV news.

Remember I told you guys that I kept getting this false message telling me that I had files waiting to be burned to disk? Well it turns out it wasn't a false message. Whether I copy and paste or burn a photo to a disk, it doesn't really go on the disk, it just goes on a list of items that are ready to be burned to the disk. To really burn it to the disk I have to right click on the item, bringing up a drop down list of options, one of which is "burn to disk". The way I discovered this was I removed the disk, deleted the files on the list, reinserted the disk, and there were no files on it. Now I suspect that all the pictures I thought I had saved in Windows 7 aren't really on a disk either. I'll have to check on that this weekend.

Remember I also told you guys about how a lot of my text on this blog and some of my text on Gmail was getting underlined in red like it does when you misspell a word? Well that problem seems to have gone away by itself. Since you guys weren't experiencing it, maybe it was because Google hadn't learned to get along with my new browser, and now it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment