Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A quickie

The good news is that Windows 10 is the final product, there will never be a Windows 11.

Ah, but what's in a name?  The name "Windows" was first implemented in 1985, which makes it very long in the tooth.  I suspect that after a few years of continuously updating Windows 10 Microsoft will announce a whole new OS, named "Doors" or "Skylight" or something equally snappy.  But the amount of time that Mr. Beagles has spent on his new computer is troubling.  Did I read it correct, that some processes ran overnight to install?

Another question I have is how data from the old box was transferred to the new box; what is the procedure?   Eventually this old laptop will poop out, need replacement, and I'd like to know what I should expect.

-----

Uncle Ken's tales of Texas are a welcome diversion from current political events.  I watched about twenty minutes of last night's speech, with the sound turned off.  The sight of the clapping Republicans, bobbing up and down for the many standing ovations, was frightening.  It seems that it doesn't take much to put those guys in throes of ecstasy.  The pundits seem to have lost some steam because #45 behaved himself, even if his assertions are proving to be false or misleading; the circus has become more professional and polished. and it's just getting started.

-----

Many depictions of Ganesha include the little mouse, which represents desire.  That makes me wonder if there is more going on with Disney's Dumbo than I previously thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment