Search This Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday funk



Current events are putting me in a mental funk.  These are not good times for reasonable people trying to hold reasonable discussions, is it?  Rational thought has been tossed out of the window and we are mired in a shitshow of epic proportion.  Maybe it's something in the water or the cumulative effects of a lifetime of ingesting food additives, I can't tell.  Uncle Ken is correct; We are going to hell Gentlemen.

-----

I didn't notice any liberal bias in that New Yorker article but then again, I wasn't looking for any.  But psychological studies often leave me cold, not providing any conclusions except that psychologists really like to screw with people; to what end, I don't know.  The last thing we need is more manipulation in our lives, as if governments, religions, advertising, and peer group pressure weren't enough.

Oops, I think I'm confusing psychological studies with experiments; different animals entirely.  There was a study I read about that said people can derive pleasure from anger and rage because of increased dopamine levels.  I'll have to look it up and read it again, but I think they were referring to regular folk and not psychopaths.  If true, it explains a lot about the growing madness that is prevalent in the White House.

-----

And how about those accusations of Obama ordering wiretaps of Trump Tower?  I recall reading about an investigation last summer/fall that was looking into communications between a Russian bank's servers and offices in the TT.  #45 should be careful if he orders an investigation because there will be information that he will not want revealed.  But screw him, I want to see those tax records.

The downside is that sooner or later one of his many outlandish claims will prove to be true, and we won't believe it.

-----

The highest-paid public employee in 39 US states is either a football or men's basketball coach, which indicates to me that higher education in the US has gone off the rails.  Is college useful anymore or just a status symbol?   I used to think that one of the good things about school is that you learn how to learn but I'm not sure if it even does that anymore.  Education and school are not necessarily the same thing; if you can read you can give yourself a hell of an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment