Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Problems with Blowing

There was no lightning in that storm yesterday, just a whole lot of blowing. I understand that some people lost their power, but we didn't, at least not yet. The winds have subsided a bit, but it's not over. Some locations reported gusts up to 50 MPH, but I don't think it was that bad in Beaglesonia, maybe 30 or 40. It seems we are have been pinched between a high pressure and a low pressure zone, which means we are getting doubly blown on. It has already eased off some, and tomorrow is supposed to be better, but then it's supposed to blow some more on Friday and get way colder too.

Speaking of blowing, the blower on our wood burning furnace went out over the weekend. We still have gas heat, but wood heat is better. I'm not sure what the scientific principle is, but wood heat feels warmer than gas heat, everybody says so. Our local plumbing and heating guy wasn't interested, so I went on line a found a referral service that promised to find somebody in our neighborhood. We got a guy from Onaway, about 15 miles distant, which was the best they could do. He came out to look at it yesterday, and said he would be able to fix it the same day, but he couldn't find the parts around here and had to order them from Tennessee or some place. They promised two day delivery, but I'll believe that when I see it. I can't use the wood furnace without the blower because there is a danger that the unit will overheat and damage itself. It's okay in the house, but I've been freezing my ass off in the smoking lounge (attached garage) where the unit is located. Ah the joys of rural living!

I didn't vote for Trump, but I was pleasantly surprised when he won instead of Hillary. It tells me that there are enough people in this country who are so disapproving of the way it's being run that they will vote for anybody who promises to change it. Obama also promised change, in the opposite direction, and he won with that platform. Maybe people don't care what they get as long as it's different from what they've got now.

I wouldn't mind having a Black president if it was a conservative Black president, say on the order of Colin Powell or Condi Rice. There was this Black doctor in the primary who wouldn't have been half bad either. I don't know if there's such a thing as a conservative lesbian Latina but, if there is, I might vote for her, depending on who else was running.

No comments:

Post a Comment