Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2017

No is Good

They've been talking about a national health care plan since at least the 1960s. I think that most people back then expected it to mean we would all get free health care, something like what they have in Canada. Of course it wouldn't really be free, we would be paying for it either with our taxes or through inflation of the money supply, but there would be no charge to the customer at the time of service. Well, that never happened. First there was Medicare, then Medicaid, then a whole bunch of other programs, and the price of health care has just kept going higher and higher with each new program. A couple decades after Medicare was passed, the part the customer pays was more than the whole bill used to be before Medicare came along. Similarly, health care costs have risen since Obama Care was passed, and they would have risen even higher if Trump Care had passed. I don't know what the next proposal will look like, but you can be sure that health care costs will increase as a result of it.

The best we can hope for is government gridlock because anything they pass is bound to make matters worse. I figured that we wouldn't get gridlock until the next election in 2018, but it looks like we've got it already. It seems there is a group in Congress called "The Freedom Caucus" that opposed Trump Care for different reasons than the Democrats opposed it. That's okay, a "no" vote is still a "no" vote regardless of its motivation. Yay gridlock!

I checked on the CD, and it seems that I only lost about five of my own photos, plus whatever ones of my relatives that I had copied from Face Book. The last photos on the disk are of our creeping phlox in bloom, which usually happens in April, so it must have been about a year ago that I upgraded to Windows 7. Funny, I thought it was longer ago than that, but apparently not. Anyway, those lost photos are probably still on my old computer, they just didn't make it to the CD. I still have my old machine, and I may take it to a techspert someday and see if anything can be done with it. Hey, I think I just invented a new word! A techspert is a technology expert.....Get It? Do you think it should be spelled "techspert" or "texpert"?


No comments:

Post a Comment