Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Dove Rises From the Land of the Hawks

Like I said, my family was pretty dovish for the times, and I followed their lead in spite of my hawkish neighbors, at least until the riots started in the late '60s.  So, Uncle Ken, from whence came your dovishness?  Were you always that way, or did you pick it up later in life?

Say what you want about Trump, but he has proven once and for all that anybody can become President of the United States.  Now all kinds of people are coming out of the woodwork, apparently thinking  "If he can do it, why can't I?"  Something like happened the last time but, although there was no shortage of Republicans seeking Obama's job, I don't think they had the diversity that the present slate of Democratic hopefuls represents.  Of course only one of them can win, but only time will tell if it's one of the more reasonable candidates or one of the "bull goose loonies", a term that Uncle Ken has used on more than one occasion.  Then again, Trump might not even make it through the remainder of his first term.  I understand that impeachment proceedings have actually been initiated in the House, although it's unclear if Pelosi will let them ever see the light of day.  As I understand it, she has no love for Trump, but is afraid that a failed impeachment attempt might boost his ratings like it did for Blow Job Bill back in the day.

So what happened with Mueller's testimony the other day?  All the articles I have come across just accuse one side or the other of lying about it.  I have not seen anything that tells whether or not he said anything substantive that he didn't already say in the published report.

No comments:

Post a Comment