Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

Not to Worry, Uncle Ken

Remember the joke that was going around Gage Park for awhile? 
"The definition of "nomad" is an even tempered Italian:  I'm a nomad."
Well, I'm a nomad too.  Just because we disagree on some issues.....okay, almost all issues, doesn't mean that we don't like each other.  There are lots of sites out there where we could find people who believe the same as we do.  But what fun is that?  The fact that we are still communicating after all these years proves that we must like it.   

I have gotten along with individuals of different races in my life, "individuals" being the operative word here, it's the groups that I have a problem with.  When I see a group that appears to be mobilized against me, my first instinct is to join a group that is mobilized against them.  Later in life, I learned how to resist that impulse because, more often than not, the counter group comes with baggage that I would rather not carry.  

It's too hot to work outside today, so I took the time to look up the CCC.  Although the program was disbanded when World War II eliminated the Depression era unemployment problem, it never really went away.  Turns out there are lots of similar programs still in operation today, only on a smaller scale.  I still think it's a good idea to do something that with all those asylum seekers.  Most of them came here looking for work, and now they are cooling their heels in detention camps with nothing productive to do.  No good can come of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment