Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

hawks and doves

Nobody talks much about hawks and doves these days.  It was a big thing during the Vietnam war, the hawks being for continuing the war with more vigor, the doves being for bringing the boys home.  But I don't want to start that argument again, because even though it was long ago, and to most of those born after it, it is a curious relic of the past,  But for those of us who were around when it seems almost everybody, especially those of us who were of our age, was a hawk or a dove it is now almost fifty years in the past and we go for weeks without thinking about it, but should the subject come up, Beagles, the hawk, and Uncle Ken, the dove, would be at each other't throats like we were both 21 again. 

Well it would be nice to be 21 again, but I don't want to go there today, I just want to use the terms hawks and doves to apply to oh, the categories of racism I outlined in my last post, specifically the categories III and V, the hawks being category III, and the doves being category V.  Among white people there are both categories, and likewise among blacks  There is a curious affinity between the  hawks of both races.  The hawks of both sides refer to the hawks of the other side to justify their hawkishness, and likewise the doves of both sides refer to the doves of the other side to justify their dovishness.  The hawks like to think that most the other side are hawks so there is not much sense in trying too hard to get along with them, they will just use that against us.  The doves like to think that most of the other side are doves too, so it only makes sense to get along with them better.

Well that's all I have to say on that.  It may seem like an obvious point, but I just thought it was worth bringing up.  I'm sick and tired of me and Beagles going after each other ratatat.  Oh I feel good when I tear into his (obviously false) rantings, and likewise I assume he does the same, but afterwards I am a little embarrassed at the ill will, and it seems like a big waste of time because nothing has been accomplished.

Well maybe it's the heat, at first the heat makes a body cranky, but then as the heat dome settles in a body becomes weary and does not want to fight about anything.

Well happy Friday dawgs, see you Monday when the heat dome has passed on to the east.

No comments:

Post a Comment