Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Earworm infestation

Hey Old Dog, get us started on another subject.

You've discovered my secret plan, Uncle Ken.  I was satisfied to watch you guys go back and forth on a few topics, like health coverage and the border situation, to the point of mental exhaustion and frustration, and then I'd casually stroll by and yammer about something completely unrelated and, possibly, off the wall.

I'm not saying that those issues aren't important; they are, but those topics are too thorny and complicated for me to fully understand; they are puzzles with missing pieces.  There are a few things that I know for sure, though.  The treatment of those illegals is shameful, bordering on the criminal. and the long term effects will not be good.  Some of those folks will probably get the asylum they seek and our government is creating a new class of disgruntled (future) citizens.  In some ways, I think that Trump has already overthrown the government.  He is following his own rules and Congress does nothing to hold him accountable for anything.  The Mueller Report has had no effect but maybe something toxic will come out of the Epstein investigations; there's a lot of wacky business and political connections associated with that guy.  It's crazy that nobody knows how that guy has made all of his money; he's got a lot of it but it's source is unknown, and rumors abound.  Apparently Epstein got that sweet deal years ago because Acosta was told to leave him alone because Epstein belongs to "Intelligence."  I think this was from the newspaper research in Florida years ago but if Epstein was part of an intelligence network the nations(s) involved were not specified and blackmail should not be ruled out.  This is tin foil hat territory, boys.

-----

The brief mention of the Mueller Report reminded me that Uncle Ken bought a copy but I haven't heard anything about it yet; I'm sure he's read it by now.  There were online copies available, for free, but I figured the hell with it; wallowing through a government report is not my idea of a good time.  But I now have a real good idea of the Report, at least the second half of it that deals with obstruction of justice.  Some guy wrote a play, kind of, based on the Mueller Report, and it's terrific.  It's titled The Investigation: A Search For The Truth In Ten Acts, and you can find it here.  A strange bit of theater since most of the dialog is exact quotations from the report but worth viewing, in my opinion.  It certainly helped me understand that there was a lot of obstruction of justice and it's worth it just for John Lithgow's performance in reading Trump's words; the guy can certainly chew the scenery and he captures the essence of Trump brilliantly.

----

Does Mr. Beagles honestly believe that it's likely that MS-13 will be pounding on his door?  If it comes to that it is likely that he will be outnumbered (MS-13 prefers machetes and knives, or so I've read) and all of his efforts will have been in vain.

If those hungry hordes from Central America had guns, they might be able to resist evil in their homelands instead of running away from it.


Sounds good except for the fact that the United States is responsible for much of that evil.  More than one government has been toppled to support US business interests; our record is not clean and we should assume responsibility for past misdeeds.  If we destabilized and wrecked their country the least we can do is offer them a safe haven.  Unlikely, I know.

----

Did you guys ever get an earworm, a tune that sticks in your head, that just won't go away?  I've had a couple for the past week, courtesy of an Irish group and their songs from the mid Sixties.  Not only do the songs stay in my head but I keep listening to them, too.  And these aren't songs written in the 60s; most are from decades earlier, as early as the 20s.  I remember liking the songs when I first heard them way back when but this is ridiculous.  I'd name the group but earworms can be contagious and I don't want to drive you guys to distraction.




No comments:

Post a Comment