Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2019

No tea, no party

I forgot about the Tea Party too, and thanks for the reminder, Mr. Beagles.  But they are still in the news, sort of.  I did a Google on the Tea Party, but limited the search to the last month and found a few interesting things.  The Tea Party is fragmented but that Republican House member from Michigan, Justin Amash, is rocking the boat.  I think he formed a splinter group of the Tea Party years back but now has quit that group; he is the pariah of the House Republicans in that he supports Trump's impeachment.  I think he's a guy to watch. certainly more interesting to me than any of the guys climbing out of the Democratic clown car.

Amash is slowly getting media attention and name recognition; two months ago I never heard of the guy and now his name keeps popping up here and there.  I predict he'll grow up to be president someday but I don't know for which, if any, party. 

-----

When I saw the image that Uncle Ken posted I thought, "Whoaa! That's a big spider!"  Then I looked more closely and realized it was really s very small spider, durn it.  I wonder what a little guy like that finds to eat on the 21st floor.  Does he just hang out on the balcony, depending on a favorable breeze to blow a meal his way?

Looking at that photo I couldn't stop thinking about all those windows and I know a lot more were cropped out of the photo.  I'm not a shy guy but I don't think that I would be comfortable knowing that hundreds (thousands?) of people could be watching me every time I went out on the balcony in a bathrobe.  Does Uncle Ken ever wave at the people in the office buildings, and do they wave back?

-----

I see that Uncle Ken is having another show of his watercolors and I'm looking forward to the opening.  It's been a long time since my last appearance at the Tencat (November?) so I think I should assure folks I'm still alive.  I have very little experience with watercolors myself but I am slowly developing an interest.  There's an old Japanese guy that has a channel on YouTube with tutorials and they are fascinating, very calming to watch him do his magic, but turn on subtitles unless you understand Japanese.

-----

Immigration and border issues are still a can of worms but I think that the border and customs agents could use a lighter touch.  Those agents are authorized to stop any vehicle within 100 miles of a border crossing or international point of entry, as I understand it.  That means they have authority within 100 miles of O'Hare airport which doesn't sound kosher to me.  It must be true, though, since they are hiring.  Plenty of job openings at locations "other than the southern border."  Do you have your papers, citizen?



No comments:

Post a Comment