Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Beagles is full of shit because I said so

As I remember it Beagles did quite well at Gage Park High.  He was a smart guy and he didn't make any trouble, he was well-dressed and well-spoken and thus his current attitudes towards school are a puzzlement to me.  I always thought of school as a gentler kinder version of the real world.  If you worked hard on a project or studying for a test you would likely to be rewarded by a good grade, whereas in the real world while generally hard work on the job would get you a promotion, it also might get you fired because the boss might not like you, or even if you had one that did, he might be gone tomorrow and replaced by one who didn't, 

You know you've gotta learn the three R's, you're not going to get ahead in the world if you don't know how to read and write and do your sums. and it's easier to teach it to a bunch of kids at one time then to teach each one individually, and they have to give you a test to see if you know it, so I don't know what Beagles is complaining about here.  Maybe he isn't complaining, but he does sound like it's an awful lot of trouble, just to onerous to have to study up on anything and so much easier and freer to just shoot your mouth off without an idea in your head.

Well that makes things easy, Beagles is full of shit.  There, I don't have to add anything to it or say why I say that because I am no longer in school and I can do whatever I want.  Beagles, no longer under the grueling rigor of public education, is free to reply, No, I'm not, Uncle Ken is full of shit, and I can repeat what I said, and he can repeat what he said, and eventually one of us will get tired and we can examine what Old Dog has to say.


Old Dog does not post as often as the other two loudmouths in this Institute, which is seemly, makes him appear calmer and wiser, empty barrel makes the most noise and that kind of stuff.  But that makes it harder to continue his threads,  I'm still waiting to hear if he has listened to the entirety of that youtube video.  I remember once Lithgow did a thing on a Newt Gingrich press release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5F8X11h5shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5F8X11h5s and it was great.  Newt, we just don't get to see much of him anymore.

I too wonder what particular song wormed Old Dog's ear.  Their was a spate of pop pseudo Irish music that was popular in the late sixties.  The most egregious of these was The Unicorn by The Irish Rovers.  I said pseudo because I don't think that's what they listen to over there.  I like the Chieftains

No comments:

Post a Comment