Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2019

A Voice Crying Out in the Wilderness

I think it was John the Baptist who described himself that way.  Although he was kind of a fanatic and ended up losing his head over it, maybe it's an idea whose time has come.  Last I heard, Justin Amash was planning to run for president on the Libertarian ticket.  There is also a guy, William Weld I believe, who is planning to challenge Trump in the Republican primary.  There's a couple of voices crying out in the wilderness for you, and I wish both of them well.  As for the Democrats, Joe Biden seems to be the closest thing to a normal person in that crowd.  Too bad he's a Democrat.

I read Old Dog's link about the Border Patrol.  When did they start calling themselves "Customs and Border Protection", or is that even the same agency?  There must be a half dozen or so agencies dealing with immigration these days, no wonder the "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing".  (Jesus said that, but I'm quoting Him completely out of context.)  Be that as it may, the article was certainly disturbing, if it is indeed true.  The site itself seems to have a pro-immigration-anti-Trump slant to it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the whole story is bogus.  I have met people, both in government and corporate service, that were capable of such behavior, so I am inclined to give the story at least some credibility.  Meanwhile, thousands of illegals are pouring into the country every day with impunity.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment