Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2019

Let's pull Warren's name out of the hat

Amash is the founder of the Freedom Caucus which is what drove John Bonner out into the wilderness,  He's an acolyte of Ron Paul but mostly on the right wing side.  He is rather dovish, but that's not enough to make me like him.  I guess there is something to be said for a man who stands up for what he believes in, but not so much when what he believes in is against everything you believe in. 

Democratic clown car?  Well there is something clownish about any big group of people running in the primaries because they have to lash out at each other to get to the top of the heap.  I am sticking to my pull a name out of a hat idea, but more and more and more lately I am leaning towards the woman who has a plan for everything. 

There are a lot of spiders hanging out on high rises, and Old Dog is correct in that they get their sustenance from what the wind blows their way.  I had curtains when I first moved in here, but I never drew them closed.  Even without the stress of being open and closed they fell into disrepair and rather than replacing them I have gone without for the last ten years,  I doubt that anybody is looking in my windows and if they do I don't care.  When they were filming Batman the IBM building was standing in for the Gotham Chronicle, I could see them across the way and I waved to them and they waved back, but that is as close as I got to Hollywood stardom.

I think Old Dog's last appearance at the Ten Cat was in September at my last show, or that's the last time I saw him there.  I do miss those seminars on Friday nights.


For populism the people is the masses, Joe Sixpack, the unwashed crowd, basically everybody that they see as having power over them.  The fact that the 'elite are fighting each other means nothing to them.  The early tea partiers were ostensibly against the fat cats and the educated, but later they cozied up to the billionaires, not only because the billionaires gave them a lot of cash, but because anybody can become a billionaire in America, but not everybody can pass Rhetoric 102.

A populist doesn't have to actually be for the 'people', he just has to appear to them to be for the 'people',When Trump rails against the 'elties,' he is speaking for them.  He is the man on a horse and they will follow him to the gates of hell.  Though they are sticking with him, they are only 40 percent of the electorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment