Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2019

We're All Racists Under the Skin

 "Does a preference for your own "kind" mean that you are racist?"  - Old Dog

"I'm not sure what Old Dog means by 'your kind,' if it means like Cub fans vs Sox fans or people who are interested in the same things you are that's fine, but if it means people of the same ethnicity then it gets a little dicey in my eyes." - Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken, are you saying that preferring the company of people of your own race to the company of  people of a different race makes you a racist?  The definition I found on Wiki says that a racist believes that one race, presumably his own, is "superior" to another race, so it seems it could be stretched to mean that.  So then it's okay to prefer the company of Republicans to the company of Democrats, unless the Democrats in question are of a different race?  But what if the Democrats in question are of my race and the Republicans in question are of a different race?  I'm not sure where I'm going with this, let me think about it for awhile and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment