Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Only Way Out

I knew that I wasn't making a lot of sense last night, which is why I said I'd have to think about it for awhile, which I did.  If it's racist to prefer the company of your own race, then it's just as racist to prefer the company of another race.  The only way out that I can see is to ignore race and relate to people as individuals instead of as members of a group.  That's hard to do when the people to whom you are relating insist that you must relate to them as a group or not at all.  The only way I can see out of that one is to choose "not at all".

"There is something unhealthy about the races living apart, it's too easy to dislike people who live faraway and eat at another table in the lunchroom." - Uncle Ken

I agree, but that's the way most people choose to live, so whatcha gonna do?  I can control where I live, but I can't control where other people live.  The only way I can see out of that one is to live on 88 acre of prime swamp land.  Nobody can ruin my neighborhood because I am the neighborhood.  How do you city slickers deal with that?  

Speaking of race, I read something about this before but didn't copy the link.  This time I did, and here it is.  If they all look alike to The Machine, what hope is there for the rest of us? Not to worry, The Machine is currently learning how to evaluate its own training and reject any racial bias that it finds in it.  Maybe people will be able to do that when we're all plugged in to The Machine.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAEKHWl?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

No comments:

Post a Comment